While you can use Miracast to project your computer screen to your TV, you'll be astonished at how simple it is to cast videos and movies from your computer to your TV using Chromecast. The methods to install Chromecast on a Windows 10 computer are listed below.
What is needed to install Chromecast on a Windows 10 computer?
Chromecast is simple to install and use on any device, including Macs, iPhones, iPads, Android phones, and tablets. To install Chromecast on Windows 10, you'll need the following items.
1. Chromecast device from Google
2. Computer with Windows 10
3. You have Google Chrome installed on your computer.
Once you have all of these materials, follow the instructions below to connect the Chromecast device to your TV and then set up Chromecast on your Windows 10 computer.
Install Chromecast on a Windows 10 PC
To install Google Chromecast on your Windows 10 PC, follow the steps below.
1. Connect the HDMI end of the Google Chromecast gadget to your Home TV's HDMI connector, and the USB end to the USB power adapter.
2. Next, adjust the Source input on your TV to the right HDMI port where the Chromecast device is connected in using the TV's remote control.
Most remote controls will require you to push the “Input” or “Source” button repeatedly until the television display switches from “HDMI 1” to “HDMI 2.”
You have now completed the setup of the Chromecast device on your television. The next step is to set up Chromecast on your Windows 10 computer, which may be done by following the steps below.
3. If you haven't already done so, go to google.com/chrome to download and install the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
4. Go to chromecast.com/setup on your computer's Chrome browser.
5. Click the Set Up Your Chromecast Using This Computer link on the Chrome Setup screen.
6. You'll be prompted to accept the Chromecast Privacy Terms on the following screen by clicking the Accept button.
7. After you accept the conditions, the browser will begin looking for Chromecast devices that are linked to your WiFi network.
Note: If your computer is unable to locate the Chromecast device, try changing your computer's WiFi network from 2.4 to 5 GHz or vice versa.
8. On the following page, select the Set Me Up option.
9. Next, on your computer, click on the WiFi icon in the right corner of the taskbar, and then on Chromecast's open WiFi Network.
10. Click the Next button after connecting to Chromecast's open WiFi network.
11. If the Code showing on the screen of your Windows computer matches the Code appearing in the bottom right corner of your TV, click the Yes Arrow on the following page.
12. On the following page, you'll be prompted to give your Chromecast a name. Click on Looks nice once you've typed in whatever name you want to use.
13. You'll then be prompted to confirm your WiFi settings. Select your WiFi network, enter your WiFi network's password, and click Connect.
14. The Ready to Cast! screen will appear on the Chromecast.
When you see the Ready to Cast page, you're all set to cast whatever is playing on your Windows 10 computer's screen to your Home Television's large screen.
How to Cast Videos and Movies From Your Computer to Your Television
To cast a video or movie from a Windows 10 computer to the huge screen of your home television, follow the instructions below.
1. On your Windows 10 computer, open the Chrome browser.
2. Go to YouTube, Netflix, or any Chrome Compatible website and find the video or movie you wish to view on your Home Television's big screen.
3. When the video begins to play on your computer, go to the top right corner and click on the Cast Icon.
4. The video/movie will begin to play on your television screen right away.
It's that simple!
Copyright © 2021 GetSetupComputer - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GetSetupComputer